Sunday, September 14, 2014

IRB Intro #1- The Glass Castle


The Glass Castle written by Jeannette Walls is a memoir of her dysfunctional family and unique upbringing.  Being raised by alcoholic and careless parents the Walls children learn to take care of themselves independently.  They learned to protect, feed, and clothe one another until they found a better hope in New York. The author talks about the harsh realities of life and how her story unfolds. I chose this IRB because of the many recommendations I have received. I would like to read this memoir to take a look into someone else’s life and see what we take for granted in our every day lives. The story is about overcoming obstacles and remaining loyal to your family, which is an important theme to have in life. I hope to gain a new perspective on others lives. I am oblivious to the harsh struggles that some people may face. I hope by reading this I will be able to gain insight into the hardships and obstacles Jeannette Walls and other families around the world have overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment