Tuesday, November 11, 2014

IRB Intro #2- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Malcolm Gladwell is a best selling author, phenomenal speaker, and an award-winning writer. When I think about the word fame, and the word success I immediately draw a connection to hard work. In Gladwell’s book he dismisses common misconceptions people have about success. He argues that people are only successful if they were lucky or born into good life.

I decided to chose this book because its unlike I have ever read. If I never took APELC, I would probably never pick up this book…but APELC pushes me out of my comfort zone and encourages me to read new things. Its somewhat science-based with philosophical ideas.  Hopefully after reading Gladwell’s work I will be able to use his information to think on a higher level.

No comments:

Post a Comment