Saturday, January 31, 2015

IRB Intro #3 "Eat, Pray, Love"



It’s been about three years since I’ve watched Julia Roberts travel around the world on the silver screen. For my third marking period IRB I chose to read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. A big factor of why I chose this book was because of the movie, but I wanted to read it to see how different the book would be from the Hollywood produced film. The book is a memoir of a woman in her 30s with a broken heart, who decides to devote a year to travel around the world. I’m interested to see how the book will be different than the movie, and how Gilbert will describe her sense of wanderlust on paper. Im excited to read a journal style of writing, which is different than most things I have read before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment